Monday, March 30, 2009

Young Womens General Meeting

We had the best experience on Saturday night. Our ward had tickets to go to the Young Womens meeting at the Conference Center. I took Sidney and her friend Olivia, my mom and Alex. I was afraid that we would never have tickets again after Alex turns 12 so I took her with us. It was amazing. Our tickets were on the 10th row right in front of the First Presidencies wives. From where I was sitting I could see President Monson standing in the hall waiting to come out. I have had the chance to go to meetings in the Conference Center before but I have always been in the upper balcony. So when they started pointing us forward my heart started racing. The spirit in that building was so amazing. When you are in the presence of the Prophet there is no denying this is the true church. I know that my girls could feel that same thing. The General Young Womens Presidency did an amazing job on their talks as well. It was so uplifting and they made me want to be better. They challenged all of the girls, mothers and grandmothers to work on the new personal progress value, Virtue. Thanks Sister Eads and Sister Griffin for the tickets. It was amazing. I'm sure that this is something my girls will remember forever. Their favorite part is after the meeting when President Monson was walking out, that he turned and waved and blew them kisses, along with all the girls standing by us of course. I wish I had a picture of that.
Alex and I in the Conference Center. Waiting for the meeting to start.
Alex is on the bottom, with Sidney and Olivia on the bridge up above. Waterfall at the Conference Center.
Cute picture. This is afterwards when we were waiting in line to get out.

Our clan.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, what an amazing experience! I once went to a sacrament meeting where President Hinckley attended, it was amazing!

Kimmie said...

I'm so glad you took your girls! What a great experience to have with them!

Pratt Bratts said...

What a cool experience for you and your girls. I'm SURE they will remember it forever!

Brady and Lauren said...

What a great experience! Alex was so excited to tell the class on Sunday about her experience. I'm sure it will be a memory that they will never forget.