Thursday, March 5, 2009

Diary of a Mean Mom

I guess it can't last forever. Today, I had a blow up. I can't say it was all their fault, don't we go around every day telling them that they choose how to react. Well today I reacted wrong. I just blow up. I think what light the fuse was being told that I have been angry for a month and a half now! Where did that come from. About 2 seconds later Kaboom, I was off. I think that after weeks of saying clean your room please, please please go to bed on time tonight, please practice, please get your homework done, please stop fighting, please don't touch each other, please please and please etc. I had had it.

I am here to say that I am sorry if I really have been angry for a month and a half, I really hope that was teenage exaggeration of 2 days. But I will try to take my own advise and remember that I chose to react and I made the wrong choice.

So here is putting today behind me and trying to make the next month better. :)

7 comments:

Melanee said...

I think that today was the day to blow up. I know I did. And I feel bad about it! It happens and you did the right thing... admitting the problem and moving on. Way to go!

Natalie said...

You are such a great mom! Sorry you had a rough day, I hope tomorrow is better!

Ella said...

Amber I know exactly how you feel, i have a blow up almost everyday it seems at least when my daughter is around I can't take it either. From what I have seen you are a great mom!Don't put your self down I think its normal when you have teenagers.

Carterista said...

Humble words, Amber. You must usually be REALLY patient.

I have to admit I kind of like the feeling of blowing up. I don't feel bad about it either. I do feel bad if I happen to hurt someone's feelings, though, especially if it's my kids.

Maybe if you blew your top more often, the explosions would be smaller. LOL. That's my personal theory.

kellieanne said...

If you didn't have blow ups you would be translated. So, I'm glad you blew up. It keeps you around longer. ;)

tammy said...

I'm pretty sure your kids will forgive you. I'm impressed that you admit it so freely! That's what I have a hard time with!

Kimmie said...

BLOW UP? I would never...... HAHAHA! You need to blow up every now and then, don't you think?

Emergency stash of chocolate is a big must at my house..... need some?