Saturday, August 14, 2010

90 years and counting




Eric's grandma turned 90 today. You heard right 90. She is an amazing women and still very with it. She loves to read and sew. She was born in Mexico and lived there until she was 20 then she moved to New Orleans. She meet Eric's grandpa while he was in the military and was stationed in New Orleans. She grew up in a Catholic family and was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when she was in her 30's. She has lived in Utah for the last 65 years. She travels to see her two sisters as often as she can but is getting where she doesn't like to travel very far from home any more.

I am very blessed to have her in my life. My kids are also blessed to have had a chance to have her around.

Happy Birthday Grandma!!


2 comments:

Peggy said...

I want to look like I have that much life left in me when I'm 90!

tammy said...

That is so fabulous! I want to be a 'with it' 90+ year old someday!!!