Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Dad


Yesterday would have been my dad's 59th birthday. We decided to celebrate. So here are some of my favorite memories of my dad.

My dad watching a football game. (
nothing quiet about that)
His love for cars. (My boys are doing a good job taking after him there)
His love of learning. (I have to brag that he really did know something about everything)
His love of the Gospel. (My testimony truly was built at home)
His afternoon naps.
Going camping.
Never got lost.
How much he loved my mom.
How much he loved his family.




I want my kids to remember going camping with Grandma and Grandpa.
I also want Hunter to remember he is named after him. I hope to be able to tell stories to my kids so that they feel like they know him. I miss him. Happy Birthday Dad.

3 comments:

The Crandall Clan said...

That picture of Sidney with your dad is the best. Her face, his face. I loce it. Your dad was a really great guy. I know how much you love and miss him. Love ya Amber

Hadley's said...

That is such a sweet post! We miss uncle Richard as well. We love you guys and are so blessed to have you as part of our family. You are so much fun and I had so much fun with you while you were down here. Thank you for who you are and the example you are to me!!

Carterista said...

What a great post. I can't help but see your boys in his face!