Saturday, February 7, 2009

Am I Crazy???

I have spent most of the day today preparing a talk for church tomorrow. I am kind of worried about it.
1- because I insanely volunteered the primary presidency to do it.
2- because I don't know if my reasons for doing it will ever be fulled expressed.

When my little brother blessed his baby last year the primary presidency talked that day. I was so moved to be a better parent and to be better at my calling, not in the way that I was overwhelmed or felt like I was doing a terrible job, but in the way that, oh I can do that.

I can not tell you how impressed I am with the inspiration that the general primary has put into the program this year. I am so amazed at how much the theme of "My Eternal Family " has inspired me. I think that my stupidity for volunteering to speak came from that.

I just hope that I will have the inspiration to lift someone like I was lifted last year.

8 comments:

Melanee said...

Amber... like always, you will be amazing! I know you will be great, because you listen to the promptings that you need to hear. You are a great PP and everyone loves you! Just think happy thoughts!!

tammy said...

I can't wait to hear you all. It's going to be great and of course people will be touched!

The Crandall Clan said...

So how did it go. I bet you did great. :)

Melanee said...

I heard that Sacrament was very spiritual and awesome! You did great and your primary did great! Good job! Rumor had it, that you guys each took a part of the overall year lessons and helped parents really understand what their children are learning this year. And they all loved the primary singing the intermediate hymn. I knew you could do it. And I really wish that I could have been there... good job!

The Woff Pack said...

Thanks for all the comments. I think it went really well. I always worry about the spirit being there but I think that it was. My counselors did amazing jobs. And they didn't even hate me for making them do it. That was a blessing. Maybe it was more for us than anyone else.

Melanee said...

As to your question Amber... I have been planning a shower for Kendall and I asked a few people how it went... One even mentioned the talks on Sunday were awesome, before I even asked... It's nice to still be part of the ward, even when I am not. I miss you guys and am sad I missed it.

Pamela said...

Amber, it was cool to see you comment on my blog. I thought who do I know that is "wolf pack"? and then it all clicked. I am glad you stopped by and i will keep posted on the wolf's comings and goings!!! pamela

Natalie said...

I think I forgot to thank you for making me do that talk...ok not really but I am so glad that it is over and hope you don't offer us again next year :)