Thursday, February 19, 2009

Genealogy??

I really haven't gotten into the whole genealogy bit yet. But it was so fun this past week to see old family pictures. My aunt brought a big Tupperware container up from St. George and left it at my moms house. Sunday night my mom and I looked through the bucket. It took us 4 and 1/2 hours. There were pictures that my grandpa took while he was in World War II. There were also pictures of my aunts and uncles while they were little. My Grandpa's year book was there and his handwritten personal history. I can't believe how cool some of the stuff was.

On Wednesday my mom and I went down to my uncles house in Spanish Fork and took him everything to look through. He knew a lot more names. It was so much fun to look at with him and his wife. I loved it.

Grandpa on Wedding Day. Wedding Day. Grandpa in Uniform

These are only a few of the pictures. I can't wait until I get copies of the others.

3 comments:

The Crandall Clan said...

How cool Amber!

Pratt Bratts said...

That's really cool Amber!!! I would love to find pictures of Grandpa Slater and stuff! It would be fun!

Joyelle said...

Hey Amber!! good to hear from you and glad to know u have a blog! i can't believe how much you're kids have grown up!! what a beautiful family you have!!! i will def be checkin in here! miss ya!!!!