Thursday, December 4, 2008

O Christmas Tree


It is that time of year again when it is time to put up the tree. We had fun going and hunting for ornaments this year. I think I have decided to name our tree style as a memory tree. We always try to get the kids an ornament that goes along with what they are most interested in that year.
Sidney and Alex both received two ornaments this year. We found one for Volleyball and then Sidney got a penguin one and Alex a little spatula for her cooking fetish.

Now Braydon was easy he loves baseball and sports so when we found his we had to have it. Hunter on the other had was a little harder because that Stupid Halmark Indiana Jones was $16.00 and there was no way I was spending that much. So we took him to look and he found his train. So as long as he loves it we went with it. This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. I love how excited the kids are to show Grandma's their new ornament for the year. It is also a lot of fun when they open up their box to start decorating the tree and talk about how, "I remember this one, Hey look at mine, Do you remember when I got this." I love these memories and hope that they do too.

2 comments:

The Crandall Clan said...

Hey Amber,

Your tree is beautiful. I love all the lights on it. Those ornaments are perfect. I hope you all have a very good Christmas this year.

Love ya and miss ya
Kristie

Kimmie said...

That is a great tradition! We have done that since Tay was born, our tree is very Modpodge.. those are the funnest to look at!
Love your tree!