Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January Blues

I finally realized why people get so depressed the month of January. I took down all of my Christmas decorations way earlier than I normally do and my house seemed bare. Then I realized all of my projects were done. Now what??? I really felt sick and so sad. For months I had been working on quilts, pjs, crafts and shopping for the big day. Then January came and there was nothing to look forward to. No projects to work on and I had already read my book I got for Christmas.
So I started blog stocking but not just stocking, looking for ideas for projects. Eric's grandma was so kind to just give each of us some money so I started looking for what I could spend this money on that I didn't need to account for.
Well, I ended up with a quilt book and fabric. Now I need a job to pay for everything I want to make.

I also went through my moms scrapes and came up with the idea of a
Valentines Day table runner.

Once I finished that I started a St. Patricks table runner. I am also working on a patriotic quilt.

I think it has been so fun to create. Maybe next year I won't feel so bad when January rolls around.

3 comments:

The Crandall Clan said...

Very cute Amber. I love it. You deffanitly are the crafty sister out of all of us. :)

Ella said...

I'm so happy to see you quilting!!!
It's very addicting!!

Peggy said...

Nice! Nothing quite as exciting as expending creative energy!