Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Strawberry Days and Rock Hunting

Last week was a busy week. I am so glad there wasn't any baseball on top of everything else.

Wednesday we had library day and then we went to our wards picnic in the park, later that afternoon was the Strawberry days children 's parade and then we went to the rodeo. That is just one day. For the children's parade the rain waited until right when it started. It was still a nice parade though. I love the new route. After we went to the rodeo. It was Braydon, Alex and Hunters first. They really enjoyed it even with the pouring rain. It actually was one of the better rodeo I had been too. Almost everyone scored which doesn't happen very often.
(Uncle Alex, Aunt Whitney, Grandma, Aunt Erin, Hunter, Sidney, Shelby, Alex)
(Aunt Erin, Uncle Mike, Brent, and Braydon)
(Me and Hunter after the rain storm)
Thursday I had a bunch of errands that had to be run in the afternoon then we had pack meeting that night. We had a lot of fun playing kickball. It was great that we had so many willing adults. That is what the kids will remember.

Friday we got up early and went to the Strawberry Days Huck Finn Day for the kids. It was a cute little event. The younger kids had fun playing the games. Sidney was pretty bored but I think that is her age starting to show. When we returned home was packed up our lunch and headed out to go rock hunting. What a great trip that turned into. We went up a canyon on Lake Mt. we were able to find a bunch of root beer onyx. Alex is going to tumble some of it and see how it looks. Then we went for a ride around Utah lake.

Saturday was the Parade which we got rained on but it still was fun. Breakfast was great, the Bayles's are wonderful for letting all of us come and eat and watch the parade at their house. It is always fun. After the parade we took advantage of the DUP museum being open. I love letting the kids learn about the history that is behind what we are so blessed to have now.
Braydon helping Jenny cook breakfast
At the DUP Museum

Sunday was Fathers Day. I am so grateful to have such a loving husband to be the father of my kids. I am so blessed that he is such a good dad and my best friend. I don't know what I would do with out him.

Monday we went to the Oquirrh Mt. Temple open house. It was beautiful. I love the spirit that is there within the walls. I love how good the kids are and that they are feeling the spirit and can recognize the importance of the temple at such young ages.
Our family


Wow this has been a long week. That is probably why I didn't do anything today except Braydon's baseball game and guitar lesson. At least that's what I tell my self. :)

No comments: